The aim of this blog is to describe the story of my AIESEC internship in Indonesia. This is also my first internship ever. This must be an unforgettable experience.
But first, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Gergely Lázár. I live in Dunaújváros, but on my weekdays I have to stay in Veszprém as I study there. I am majoring in English and American Studies at University of Pannonia, Veszprém. I am a first-year undergraduate (freshman). I will be 21 during my internship in the fabulous country of Indonesia. In my past time, I love reading, listening to music and watching movies. I am very fond of poetry, however tasks, tests and other stuff take my time to write any poem. These are about landscapes. That is why I love travelling, it does not matter where, just past the border.
But how on earth did I find my ideal internship? First, I looked for internships in other countries as well, I had interview with European place (Athens looked interesting for me, by the way). However, I thought that it is quite close, and nowadays everyone can reach this country, nothing is needed, only your personal identification card. Also, I showed interests towards Russia and China as well. The last did not (!) accept me! The interviewer, Nika looked very kind and sympathetic. Never mind. I also had interview with Russia, but they asked for medical certificate that I am not infected with HIV. This had to be translated into Russian. On the other hand, this country is blacklisted (no idea why, AIESEC says it is because of their horrible reception system). The only country that accepted me was the Jewel of the Crown. I was interested in it, too, but food was not (!!!) provided. Without food, this country is deadly. You have to think a thousand or million times what to buy and what not. Dirt, dust, the things of the holy cow, illiteracy, poverty but the other places are highly developed and rich.
So that I said goodbye to Sindhu, who I had the interview with, and looked for other internship opportunities. I found Ukraine, Korea, China and Indonesia. I had the interview with China. Lily, who I have talked to, was not so friendly altough she looked so on her picture. Then I had the interview with Ukraine. They said I'm OK! I can come! No visa, but one problem. The food is provided - for two weeks! Then you are transferred to a place and buy the food on your own! Kiev is quite expensive, by the way.
In the next post, you can read about my project and how I was selected to work in the fantabulous country of INDONESIA. Take care!
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése